A Few of My Favorite Things



I decided to do a post like this because recently I have come across some items I really, really liked for one reason or another. I also love it when people share products that have really worked for them.  One thing you may not know about me is I am an all natural girl! I hate that the products we use and eat are full of chemicals, and so destructive to our health.  I am also my own worst enemy because I by nature am a purist about things.  I find compromise difficult when it comes to compromising the things I value or find important. But come on, I'm not going to die just because I ate a nitrate cycle, am I?  So a couple of the items I am sharing are a compromise of sorts. Rebel me. 

1. Mrs. Meyers products are not completely good for you, or all natural but they are better than most regular products.  I found this particular hand soap, not my regular brand, on clearance.  It is orange clove (naturally scented), and it was perfect during the holiday season. 

2. Perfume is an area that is difficult for me.  It is hard to find great scents that are all natural, and when you do, they can cost a fortune.  This is another area of compromise.  I have been wearing Pacifica for several years now, and love it. They avoid the worst ingredients, and use what they consider the safest of the synthetics.  For that reason, I try to stay with the scents that I know exist as essential oil.  For example, there is not apple, strawberry, or watermelon essential oil, but there is vanilla, lemon, orange, and lime. One of my favorites is this blood orange, which citrus does come in essential oils, so it's a win, or at least that is what I tell myself.

3. I normally use Seventh Generation or Ecover, but I have been unable to purchase the big bottles I normally do. So I decided to try this one by Earth Products (they must have changed their name to ECOS now). As you may know, natural products do not always work as well as their chemical counterparts, a sacrifice I am willing to make. This dishwasher gel claims to have a built-in rinse aid. I used it, and I was amazed! My glasses did not have spots, and they all seemed very clean, with no film.  I kept saying I can't believe how well works.  I will say this also depends greatly on the type of water you have. 

4. Last spring I found these chips at Sam's Club and they are DELICIOUS! They are Wildroots Wild Chips and contain Red Quinoa, Chia, whole grain and more.  They are gluten free and Non-GMO.  I love chips and salsa, but can't say I really crave tortilla chips on their own. However, with these, I craved them and they are healthy. After that first bag, Sam's didn't have them again until a couple of months ago, so I bought three bags immediately. They are delicious on their own or with salsa.

5.  This is another perfume, but this one is ALL natural! I found this a year ago, and have used and loved the Vanilla Passion Fruit scent.  It is very long lasting, and potent.  It isn't however overly potent, but I can smell it on me. Keep in mind these are natural scents, not perfumy smelling. My husband has commented on it hours after I applied it.  He really likes it. I can not usually smell the Pacifica when I apply it using the rollerball. I bought a pack of purse size scents and gave them as gifts.  I loved them all.  They start with a base of warm vanilla, and then build from there.  I LOVE these!

6. This holiday season I was looking for a natural version of my favorite color of lipstick.  I am not a lover of true red, but I do love cranberry. Burt Bee's now has a full line of lipsticks that work great and are a 100% natural. They all come with the same shine, so no matte, finish but I still loved them. I bought three different colors, and have had fun mixing them to create my own color. 

7.  This shoe is a mix of a hiking shoe and a running shoe called a trail running shoe. I use them for my hiking, and love them. Hiking shoes are very stiff and heavy, something I don't like.  If you are backpacking and carrying a 60+ pound pack, you may want a better hiking shoe, maybe. But for day hiking, or shorter extended trips these shoes are great, especially in the winter. They come with great traction, and they mold around your foot, not too loose, or too tight. They are very comfortable, and I appreciate that they don't tie.  I have had Salomon's before, and was quite happy. They come in a variety of fun color combinations.

What are some of your favorite things? 

















Comments

Popular Posts