day 1 :: gratitude

Several years ago I took a Tracey Clark class called Picture the Holidays.  It was a great way to focus on specific things, and be in the moment of each day.  I still really like some of the pictures I captured. I decided to do it again this year.  You can no longer join the class because it has been discontinued, but they gave everyone a download of the prompts so I am going to do it again this year. You can also check out Big Picture Classes for other classes they now offer.  Tracie West who has also taken some of Tracey Clark's classes is joining me.  My daughter who has just started her own blog, as well as Tracie's daughter Abbie, my friend Tanya who has a new camera she would like to use more, and maybe even my husband may be joining us. It is the holiday season, so I anticipate there may be missed days but Tracie and I don't sweat it.  

So gratitude.......it is a very important thing. I am currently rereading Ann Voscamp's One Thousand Gifts as I try to do each year. I always need that push to refocus, and reach for more gratitude. There are so many things big and small to be grateful for, some come natural and some I have to think about. I mean, I am daily grateful for being warm.  I hate, hate, hate to be cold.  I literally dance and sing around my house when I am warm just because I am so thankful for being warm. It actually brings me joy, not even kidding.  However in this photo I wanted to capture the thing I am most grateful for, God. I am so thankful that I don't have to have it all figured out, that I am not in control, that God has a plan even when I things don't go the way I had hoped.  I have experienced what may be the most difficult time in my adult life, and I am so grateful that God invites us to pray, to pray unceasingly, and to give thanks in all circumstances.  The difficulties have not shaken my faith in the least, in fact they grew my faith. I knew I was made for such a time as this. I know that God loves the people in my life even more than I do, and He has a plan out of the muck and mire. And while obedience isn't always the path that people take, I know I can pray God's will for them. The scripture says 1 John 5:14-15 And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him. Now we might not always know what His will is, but there are plenty of things that are clear in the scripture.  2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.  Thank you Jesus!  

I got this post ready last night minus Tanya and Dean's photos.  I did not know what they were going to take a photo of.  I think it is cool that we all had something similar in mind. 

I will leave you with one of my favorite verses, that I lived out this past year. My husband even bought me a ring for my birthday with part of this inscribed. 


James 1:2-4
 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything





                           Tanya
          I'm thankful for the guidance and reassurance
                that Jesus gives me through the Bible.
                I'm just so thankful that He meets me 
                when I stop and spend time with Him. 





                      


                                   Dean 
              Thankful for God's word in my life.

Comments

  1. Abbie and I think it's legit that you all have your Bible and faith as your first day's gratitude. So AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts