Progress....

As I spoke of in my last post called Creative Thursdays, this is my first week for attempting to be creative on certain days. Of course I can be creative when ever I want to, but this is an experiment to help create habits of creating regardless of how perfect my world is around me.  Normally if I only have 20 minutes to spare, that means no to creativity.  I feel like I need hours, even a whole day.  I am learning to just do it. This piece below that is not done in any way shape or form, is one such example.  I had about 20 minutes before I needed to leave for a football game.  So I just drew my number 2, and then got the first layer of paint on.  I forgot to take a before picture, and this is not the finished project, just the beginning.  I love the number 2, and 2 2's are even better! At our last house I had painted a huge 2 on a wall that met our vaulted ceiling.  Here at this place, I have tried not to paint on the walls, as I will have to paint it back when we leave. I am losing that battle.  I have some antique 2's, but was really feeling the need for more, so I decided to do one in a size that might fit in with some photographs.  



 
For my photography this week, I worked on my polaroids.  I thought I might do a series called a girl and her hat.  I have this straw hat, and it is quickly becoming my favorite.  Ok, well it is also my only straw hat because it would seem I have a very large head by industry standards, and hats that fit are hard to come by.  The other 3 are some flower photos that I actually purchased this round film specifically for, and I am really glad I did.  I love it!  

These photos of my projects are just two photos I snapped quickly with my iPod, not intending to use them for this purpose.  But as I was sitting here, I knew that if I didn't write this post now, I wouldn't end up doing it at all.  So I decided for the sake of accomplishment, I would post regardless.  If I am successful in the two art days, maybe I will add a blog day.  Maybe then I would post more that once every couple of months.  A girl can dream......




Comments

  1. Anonymous18.9.15

    very well done number 2!! And I love the idea of girl and her hat, The three bottom shots under the very cool flower shots are my fav!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts