March playlist




 I recently heard "Down to the River to Pray" while listening to Pandora at home.  I immediately ran downstairs to see who was singing this song.  I was instantly smitten with it.  I love blue grass! There isn't a theme here, you will find I am very eclectic.  I am really all over the place.  So instead of going with a title that was cohesive, I just titled it March, all encompassing. 

"Forever Young" is on my radar recently because it is the theme song for Parenthood.  Bob Dylan is the one concert I regret not going to.  I had the chance, and I didn't take it, hopefully there will be another. I think my favorite Bob Dylan song, or at least one of them is "Oxford Town". And his Christmas album is the bomb, at least I think so......

My son introduced me to "The Hanging Tree", as I have not been able to see Hunger Games 3 yet (maybe tonight).  He thought I would like it, and he was correct.  I did google it to see what it was about, as the title bothered me. 

I love the instrumental version of "My Song 5" by Haim, and hope to use it in one of my video's soon!


My daughter came home one day and said there was this song/video that I had to see.  She said it reminded her of me and she thought I would like it, again correct. I love it!  I am including the video to that song, "Mississippi Isabel". 

Rend Collective will be here this summer!

If you have never heard of Flatfoot 56, they are an American Celtic punk band, and they are awesome! I have had the privilege of seeing them live a few times.  I love praise and worship as it is, but I also love it when it's done differently such as blue grass, or punk etc. 

And of course, who doesn't love the Lumineers?

Well here is my playlist for March, click listen to enjoy, or make your own and share.


 listen

   1.   Down to the River to Pray - Alison Krauss & Union Station
   2.   Forever Young - Bob Dylan
   3.   The Hanging Tree - featuring Jennifer Lawrence
   4.   My Song 5 instrumental - Haim
   5.   Mississippi Isabel - King Charles
   6.   Build Your Kingdom - Rend Collective
   7.   I'll Fly Away - Flatfoot 56
   8.   Ho Hey - Lumineers


Comments

  1. Just started to listen and loving this so far. I love being introduced to new music I would otherwise never hear. :) And can I recommend Audra Mae's version of Forever Young. It's one of my fave's and I'm actually using it on a Time Capsule video of footage of my babies at the moment. A work in progress. :) I love the acapella version too. I think you'll like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @FourCalders ~ Thank you so much for the recommendation, I did indeed love it! She may be making an appearance on my next playlist, I really liked several of her songs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts