taking stock

I discovered a new blog called Meet Me At Mikes, and one of the things she does is called taking stock.  I have seen different version of this, but I thought I would give this one a try, with a few tweaks.  


January :: 2015

Made:  nothing that i wanted to {sad face}
Cooked:  lasagna from "What Katie Ate"
Drank: a specific number of glasses of water, daily, no exceptions
Read: Bread & Wine by Shauna Niequist (highly recommend)
Wanted:  to move
Played:  Stratego, and horse (basketball)
Decided: to move
Wished: i didn't have to do the work that it takes to get rid of stuff
Enjoyed: putting together a puzzle with the family
Waited:  for Madam Secretary to return  
Liked:  the two 60 degree days we had
Wondered: if we would ever move
Loved:  Jeanne Oliver's class Becoming : the unfolding of you
Pondered: a simpler life
Started: listening to podcasts on my tv 
Watched: our church on Live Stream
Hoped:  i would lose weight in the challenge i am in

Needed:  to lose weight in the challenge i am in
Smelled: Candelles all natural wax tarts
Wore: my plaid puffer vest
Noticed:  the weight was not coming off very fast, even after cutting out 3600 calories a week just from soda
Knew: losing weight would be challenging with my thyroid
Thought: this time might be different
Admired: Tracie West's videos
Sorted: through 2014's mail
Bought: a new pair of shoes
Got: overwhelmed with projects
Finally: started playing with my new camera  
Disliked: my lack of inspiration that happens in the winter
Felt: sad
Following:  She Reads Truth  blog
Snacked: on a lot of granola 
Wished: my adult kids knew what being a parent was like
Helped: convince my grandmother to move in to an assisted living place
Listened: to The Art of Simple podcast with Tsh Oxenrider
Discovered: you can listen to podcasts on the Roku
Scripture Reading: it's chronological so skips around, Chronicles, Kings, and Obediah

Comments

  1. Anonymous2.2.15

    i love you so much friend. so much. so you decided to move. this is exciting news. I can't wait to see this unfold. to see you simplify as you mentioned. don't be discouraged about the slow weight loss. you are making such good choices for your health and that part is so good. I feel flattered you are admiring my silly videos. i'm longing to see a new one from you (no pressure) and i'm excited you are loving "becoming" me too! it's filled with inspiration and goodness. gosh, i'm not sure i would have an answer to all of those words. i'm wondering if i should try too??

    love your friend
    always
    tracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracie, I definitely think you should try! You can erase ones you don't have an answers to, and also add ones that you would want. That is what I did, and it will probably change from month to month. After my husband read this he did one also. Thanks for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Meet Me at Mike's too. I started one of these taking stock posts in early January and just couldn't finish it. Like you, I should have tweaked it but I swear my head is just all over the place at the moment. So good that you did it.
    You have a wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @FourCalders ~ Thanks for visiting my blog, and your sweet words! I tired to visit your blog, but it must be private. You should definitely tweak it and fill it out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts