I'm jumping in........



Weight loss, what is it good for....absolutely nothing, oh ho oh.  Ok, we all know that isn't true. Weight loss has eluded me since my first child was born 23 years ago, and not for lack of trying.  A couple of months ago I came across a website called Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans, and I fell in love.  Every month they put out a calender that focuses on a specific area or goal.  The first one I did was a month of squats. Just look at the corresponding day and it tells you how many to do of what.  Very simple, and each month is something new, I was interested! The following month I decided not to do their current calendar and instead picked from their past calendars, also a cool feature!  About a week ago I received an email from them stating they were going to be doing a "back to basics weight loss challenge" in addition to their monthly calendar, so I checked it out.  It turns out there is a cool website called dietbet that hosts challenges for anybody wanting to start one and or participate in one.  The person who starts the challenge, sets the fee, and also the goal.  If you meet the goal, then you and the other winners split the pot. Money as a motivator, hmmmmm.  So the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans opened a 4 week challenge that costs $25 and the goal is to lose 4% of your body weight in 4 weeks.  So if you weight 200 pounds, then you would need to lose 8 pounds in 4 weeks.  There are no rules for losing the weight, and the weigh in is every Wednesday.  Before joining the dietbet, be sure and read how their weigh ins work.  They have a few rules to prevent cheating.  If you are not interested in the dietbet, you can still join in on the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans website.  They have already released their monthly calendar for September, Buns and Guns, check it out. I decided to sign up for the weight loss challenge, will you join me? 




Comments

  1. Anonymous28.8.14

    Hi it's me again. If you have not figured it out already. I'm up for about anything, I'm like oh, man but I'm doing a challenge aleady body, mind, spirit however I can for sure check out the website and see what the challenge is for September and join you in that part. I paid to do my challenge too and also will be able to hopefully win money too. It's been hard being on stay-cation. So much revolves around food it seems. I'm going to look at that website now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts